Therapeutic Swimming & Exercise
Why swim your dog?!
- The most obvious reason... Many dogs just love to swim!!
- For those that don't, a couple swim lessons can be beneficial if you have a home pool or spend a lot of time around water
- Warm water exercise is safe and gentle, and can be therapeutic for dogs of all ages and physical conditions.
- Warm water improves circulation and encourages greater mobility and range of motion.
- Warm water exercise can help dogs that are:
- Overweight -- provides a safe, low-impact way to burn calories
- Geriatric or slowing down due to arthritis or other muscular/skeletal conditions
- Recovering from injury or surgery -- increases circulation, relaxes injured muscles, and restores strength
- Full of energy and/or bored -- in need of consistent year-round exercise
- Competitive -- in sports or in the show ring -- benefits from additional conditioning
- With the resistance of the water, a 5-minute swim is roughly equivalent to a 5-mile run!?!
Additional content coming soon!! Please check back often.
Located at 6100 SW Macadam Ave (behind LexiDog Boutique and Social Club)
Portland, OR 97239
For Appointments, call 503-245-4363,
For Information, call 503-730-0310